If you are interested in becoming a member of the Government Law Section, please forward dues payment in the amount of $15 to: SC Bar, Attn: Tara G. Caine, P.O. Box 608, Columbia, SC 29202. Please make checks payable to the SC Bar and note in the memo portion Gov. Dues.
Save the Date
2018 Bar Convention
Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Government Law Section CLE: January 19, 2 to 5:15 p.m.
Click here for hotel and villa reservation info.
1. Inform Section members of significant developments in government law by distributing periodic updates through the Section listserv, in E-Blast and on the Bar website.
2. Support continuing education and professional development by:
• Conducting a Section seminar and annual meeting at the SC Bar Convention.
• Sponsoring a Section mid-year seminar for members of the Government Law Section in odd-numbered years.
3. Continue to survey Section members on topics of interest for future programs and updates as well as obtain information on how the Section can better serve its members.
4. Continue to contribute to the SC Bar Foundation’s Children’s Fund and Disabled Lawyers Fund.
Contributions to the Bar Foundation
The Government Law Section has contributed to the following Bar Foundation funds:
The Children's Fund - Supports law-related projects that improve the welfare of children.
Disabled Lawyers Fund - Assists permanently disabled colleagues suffering financial hardship as a result of accident or illness. The fund also works with the Lawyers Helping Lawyers Program of the South Carolina Bar to help lawyers who enter rehabilitation with treatment expenses or with expenses related to maintaining his or her law practice.