Policies and Procedures
• The SC Bar is obligated to omit the names of those of our members who have requested to be exempt from our mailing list rentals.
• For our Bar Members, the rental rate is twenty cents per name, plus tax (see table).
• For Non-Bar Member requests, the rental rate is $500 for up to 1000 names and fifty cents per name thereafter plus tax (see table).
• The SC Bar does not rent mailing lists for the purposes of promotion CLE programming that is not produced in conjunction with the SC Bar CLE Division.
• Please include the following:
1. The format in which you wish to receive the list
2. The complete contact information
3. A sample of the mailing (no list/label will be generated if this is omitted)
4. The signed list/label rental agreement form
• Once the list is generated, an invoice will be issued. This invoice must be paid in full before the requested list/l abels can be released.
• The purchaser agrees not to duplicate, copy or store list/labels on any type of data or word processing equipment, or retain the list/labels in any other manner.
• The purchaser agrees to indemnify the SC Bar for loss, including attorney fees, from any use or misuse of the list/labels.
• For non-tawdry or specious uses, the Executive Director may rent mailing lists of the South Carolina Bar membership for commercial uses related to the practice of law.
• The request must be made in writing, with a copy of the material to be mailed attached prior to consideration or approval.
• All rentals are on a one time only mailing use for the requested purpose. No duplication of the list/labels is allowed by the purchaser.
• Payment for the list/labels rented is required prior to delivery of the list/labels.
• A list use agreement must be executed by the user prior to delivery of the list/labels.
The commercial rental of the South Carolina Bar mailing list/labels is for the purpose of funding the overhead cost involved in maintaining the membership lists of the organization.