This Committee studies and makes recommendations regarding the rules and law pertaining to practice and procedure and continues efforts regarding the improvement of the operation of the judicial system.
- Identify and consider revisions to the South Carolina rules of court and procedure that are not uniformly applied or where there is ambiguity in interpretation.
- Continue to monitor rules and procedures impacted by electronic filing and service of documents.
- Review Rule 59(e), SCRCP, with regard to successive motions.
- Solicit input from judges, lawyers, and other legal practitioners for any practice and procedure revisions, conflicts, etc. that they have identified.
- Consider amendments to Rule 5, SCRCrimP
- Consider amendments to Rule 71, SCRCP.
- Consider amendments to the rules addressing ex parte communication.