Posted in: Public
Spartanburg County Public Libraries and the South Carolina Bar have collaborated to host virtual legal clinics in the coming months that will allow volunteer attorneys to assist members of the public with legal questions without sacrificing safety. Legal needs don’t stop in the face of a pandemic, and this innovative solution during the public health crisis will allow volunteers to meet people where they are.
Each virtual legal clinic will begin at 6 p.m. and include time for a moderated question and answer session at the end of the presentation. All clinics will be held via an online platform, and participants must pre-register to receive the secure link to sign on. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a clinic.
- July 21, 2020 – Family Law – Randi Lynne Farr, SC Legal Services
Topics covered: Divorce, permanent/temporary custody, child support, visitation, and more!
- July 28, 2020 – Landlord Tenant Law – Randi Lynne Farr, SC Legal Services
Topics covered: Landlord/tenant disputes, eviction due to non-payment; repairs, and more!
- August 4, 2020 – Bankruptcy – Randy A. Skinner, Skinner Law Firm, LLC
Topics covered: How to file for bankruptcy, the process after filing, long-term effects, and more!
- August 11, 2020 – Employment Law – David E. Rothstein, Rothstein Law Firm, P.A.
Topics covered: Discrimination, health insurance and sick leave (including information on Covid-19), and more!
- August 18, 2020 – Wills, Estates, & Probate – S. Frank Adams, Adams Law Firm
Topics covered: Creating or enforcing a will, managing an estate, the probate process, and more!