The Board of Governors adopted a Five-Year Strategic Diversity Plan on June 26, 2020.
It includes the following statement:
"VISION FOR DIVERSITY: The SC Bar values the diversity of its members. Practitioners with varied backgrounds, experiences, and identities enrich the legal profession, the practice of law, the administration of justice, and society as a whole."
- Download and read the entire Five-Year Strategic Diversity Plan
- See the Report on the Strategic Plan on Diversity submitted by the SC Bar Board of Governors’ Ad Hoc Committee on Diversity on July 16, 2019.
- Access the Strategic Diversity Plan in Spanish (Acceda al Plan Estratégico de Diversidad en Español)
Your Bar: Your Voice Membership Survey Results 2021
A key action item in the Five-Year Strategic plan was performing a comprehensive survey of Bar members’ diversity and experiences to understand the climate on the state of diversity and inclusion in the South Carolina legal profession. The survey was conducted in spring 2021. Results are available below:
- Your Bar: Your Voice Membership Survey Results Summary
- Item Report (with questions and percentage breakdowns)
Board of Governors' Strategic Diversity Plan Implementation Committee Chair:
Clifford L. Bourke Jr.
South Carolina Bar Diversity Committee Chair:
Samuel J. Wellborn