About the Program
What you need to know about Business Valuation and the Divisible Property Statute. Dwight makes a very dry subject entertaining, yet highly educational. His presentation includes cartoons, music, and video that keeps the audience engaged. Presentation materials include examples and copies of relevant cases.
What Attendees will Learn
· The NC statutory presumption of passive appreciation.
· The business operating spouse’s advantage of early settlement.
· How the non-business operating spouse can collect on company growth.
· How to rebut the presumption of passive appreciation.
· Monkey business – you may need a forensic accountant.
Dwight A. Ensley, JD, MBA, BBA, CVA is the principal and manager of ValuePointe.biz™ Mr. Ensley has a unique mix of knowledge in business valuation, business development, operations management, marketing, and finance, as an entrepreneur of over 20 years. He is diversely experienced with startups, acquisitions, divestitures, operation expansion, market development, and general business management. He is also excellent in solving long-standing problems with creative solutions to improve operational efficiencies.
Academic and Professional Credentials
- Licensed North Carolina Attorney
- Juris Doctor, Elon University School of Law
- Master of Business Administration, University of Steubenville
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Kent State University
- Certified Valuation Analysts, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Member National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Member Institute of Business Appraisers
- Member American Bar Association
- Member North Carolina Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association CLE 2016 Faculty
- Virginia Bar Association CLE 2016 Author
- Qualified Valuation Expert for Testimony
- Court Appointed Expert
- Commercial, Instrument, Multiengine Pilot
This seminar qualifies for 1.0 MCLE credit hour.
This seminar is Intermediate to Advanced Level.
Note: When submitting your compliance reports to the SC Commission on CLE and Specialization, please use this course code for 2018: 182817ADO