ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Throughout South Carolina, dedicated Guardians ad Litem declare, “I am for the child!” Begin your journey to certification or update your knowledge base with the SC Bar CLE Division’s 2020 GAL Training and Update. Moderator Julianne M. Stokes, Esq. joins faculty from across the state to provide guidance on issues facing Guardians today. This seminar is an [basic to intermediate] level program.
8:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast (Breakfast sponsored by Soberlink)
8:50 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
Julianne M. Stokes, Esq.
Stokes Family Law & Mediation, LLC
9:00 a.m. Ethical Considerations for the Guardian
Barbara Seymour, Esq.
Clawson & Staubes, LLC
10:00 a.m. What I Learned in the Bojilov Case (and Child-related Caselaw Update)
Gregory S. Forman, Esq.
Gregory S. Forman, P.C.
10:45 a.m. Morning Break
11:00 a.m. Parenting Coordination
Jenny R. Stevens, Esq.
The Stevens Firm, P.A.
Family Law Center
12:00 p.m. Lunch (on your own)
1:15 p.m. Substance Use Testing in Family Court
Michelle Bens Clare, M.D.
Marie-Louise Ramsdale, Esq.
Ramsdale Law Firm, LLC
2:15 p.m. Challenges Facing Guardians
MJ Goodwin, Esq.
3:00 p.m. Afternoon Break
3:15 p.m. Judges Panel: “Answers from the Bench”
Hon. Cely Anne Brigman
Hon. Michèle Patrão Forsythe
Hon. Rosalyn Frierson-Smith
Hon. Jessica Ann Salvini
4:15 p.m. How Guardians Help (or Hinder) DSS
Deanne M. Gray, Esq.
Dorchester County Managing Attorney, SC Department of Social Services
4:45 p.m. Adjourn
If you have a disability, please call ahead to let us know how we may accommodate your needs.
All registrations must be pre-paid. Need to cancel or transfer your registration? Simply notify us in writing no later than 24 hours prior to the published start time of the seminar at email@example.com. You will be eligible to receive a full refund, be transferred to the live webcast or archived online version of the same seminar (if available), or to a live seminar of equal or lesser value - all with no cancellation or transfer fee. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations made within 24 hours of a seminar start time, but all other options listed above are available with no transfer fee.
- ColumbiaIn-Person SeminarBar Conference Center1501 Park Street , Columbia, SC 29201
- AikenIn-Person SeminarAiken (USC)471 University Parkway Room 124, Aiken, SC 29801
- AndersonIn-Person SeminarAnderson - Center for Excellence200 Bleckley St. Room 112, Anderson, SC 29625
- BeaufortIn-Person SeminarBeaufort Town Center2015 Boundary St. Training Room, Beaufort, SC 29902
- CharlestonIn-Person SeminarCharleston School of Law81 Mary Street Room M101, Charleston, SC 29403
- FlorenceIn-Person SeminarFlorence - South Eastern Institute of Manufacturing Technology1951 Pisgah Rd. Room 249, Florence, SC 29501
- GreenvilleIn-Person SeminarGreenville University Center225 S. Pleasantburg Dr. Room 514, Greenville, SC 29607
- GreenwoodIn-Person SeminarGreenwood - County Solicitors Office600 Monument St. Ste. 203, Greenwood, SC 29646
- Hilton Head IslandIn-Person SeminarHilton Head Island Public Library11 Beach City Rd. Sm Conf. Room, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
- Myrtle BeachIn-Person SeminarMyrtle Beach-Horry Georgetown Tech, Grand Stand Campus950 Crab Tree Lane Room 601, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Rock HillIn-Person SeminarRock Hill - New Port Fire Dept.5198 Hampton Ridge Rd. , Rock Hill, SC 29730
- SpartanburgIn-Person SeminarSpartanburg County Public Library151 S. Church St. Hoechst-Celanese Room, Spartanburg, SC 29306
- SumterIn-Person SeminarSumter200 Miller Rd. , Sumter, SC 29150