About the Program:
Please join John Merrell for an insightful analysis and review of the major District of South Carolina, Fourth Circuit, and US Supreme Court employment law decisions of 2017.
John Merrell is an attorney in the Ogletree Deakins’ Greenville, South Carolina office. Mr. Merrell represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including:
- Preventive employment and labor law advice, including addressing matters under The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Unfair Labor Practice (ULP) proceedings before The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Drafting employment policies and procedures
- Advising clients on their rights and legal obligations involving union organizing activities
- Employee relations
- Training on positive employee relations and other aspects of labor and employment law
- Federal and state litigation involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, noncompetition covenants, and breach of employment agreements
In addition to his labor and employment practice, Mr. Merrell has experience representing clients in commercial litigation and design and construction litigation.
John is a native of Walhalla, South Carolina. He graduated with honors from Clemson University in 2003, where he majored in Financial Management. In 2006, he graduated with honors from the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he served on the staff of the South Carolina Law Review and was a member of the Order of the Coif and the Order of Wig and Robe.
This seminar qualifies for 1.0 MCLE credit hour, including up to 1.0 Employment and Labor Law Specialization credit.
Note: When submitting your compliance reports to the SC Commission on CLE and Specialization, please use this course code: 182188ADO