Section maintains a strong interest in products liability, workers' compensation, wrongful death and survivor actions, automobile law, insurance law and medical and legal malpractice and damages. It annually cosponsors a reception for new judges and a CLE seminar at the Bar convention and monitors legislation relating to torts and insurance practices.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Torts and Insurance Practices Section, please forward dues payment in the amount of $10 to: SC Bar, Attn: Donna Oelhafen, P.O. Box 608, Columbia, SC 29202. Please make checks payable to the S.C. Bar and note in the memo portion TIPS Dues.
- Sponsor a seminar at the 2017 Bar Convention.
- Continue to monitor legislation related to torts and insurance practices.
- Continue to update members on Section-related activities and legislation through the Section list serve, Website, and in E-Blast.
- Monitor the Advance Sheets and report to the section on any new or significant cases related to torts and insurance practices.
- Sponsor a social event in the fall of 2016 that will be open to section members.
If you have articles or information that may be of interest to the Section members, please submit to email@example.com.