Section sponsors a CLE seminar at the Bar convention; publishes a newsletter; monitors and addresses attorney defalcation issues; and monitors and comments on legislation relating to real estate issues.
Please contact Caitlin Watson if you would like to be added to the Real Estate Practices Section listserv which allows Section members to exchange information and ideas related to Real Estate Law. This is an opt-in listserv designed specifically for members of the Real Estate Practices Section.
- Continue to monitor relevant proposed legislation and pending appellate cases; inform the membership of such matters, and coordinate appropriate responses by the Section
- Develop a standard procedure for responses by the Section to third party inquiries, including formal and informal responses.
- Present a 1/2 day CLE program at the 2017 Bar Convention.
- Conduct additional CLE seminars on current topics, especially as to the real estate issues deriving from pending CFPB regulations.
- Increase networking opportunities for Section members by planning mini-seminars or social events.
- Evaluate the designation of Real Estate Law as a specialty.
- Be a resource for the section during conversion to the new integrated mortgage disclosures.