Public Health Emergencies: A Resource for Bench and Bar
2012 Edition, Department of Health and Environmental Control
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Health Care Law Section, please forward dues payment in the amount of $20 to: SC Bar, Attn: Tara G. Caine, P.O. Box 608, Columbia, SC 29202. Please make checks payable to the SC Bar and note in the memo portion Health Care Dues.
2018 Bar Convention
Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Health Care Law Section CLE: January 19, 8:30 to 11:45 a.m.
Click here for hotel and villa reservation info.
1. Conduct a Section seminar at the SC Bar Convention.
2. Monitor and identify needs for legislative activity relevant to health care law.
3. Provide networking opportunities for Section members and continue to encourage member participation.
4. Continue to inform Section members of significant developments in health care law through the Section listserv, E-Blast, social media and the Bar website.
5. Explore partnering with other Bar entities and various other organizations (i.e., American College of Health Care Executives) for special events and/or educational programs.
Public Health Preparedness
State and Federal Resources
S.C. Dept. of Health & Environmental Control
Office of the General Counsel (803.898.3350)
S.C. Dept. of Health & Human Services
Office of the General Counsel (803.898.2795)
S.C. Dept. of Mental Health
Office of the General Counsel (803.898.8557)
S.C. Dept. of Labor, Licensing & Regulation
Office of the General Counsel (803.896.4470)
S.C. Medical Association
Office of General Counsel (803.798.6207)
S.C. Hospital Association
Advocacy and Communications (803.744.3522)
South Carolina Joint Underwriting Association
Office of the Director (864.240.2750)
S.C. Medical Malpractice Patients’ Compensation Fund
Office of the Director (803.896.5290)
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
Office of Civil Rights (OCR) -- health information privacy