Want to contribute? Click here for the newsletter guidelines.
To become a member of the Construction Law Section, please forward dues payment in the amount of $15 to: SC Bar, Attn: Tara G. Caine, P.O. Box 608, Columbia, SC 29202. Please make checks payable to the S.C. Bar and note in the memo portion "Construction Dues."
Please contact Tara Caine if you would like to be added to the Construction Law Section listserv, which allows Section members to exchange information and ideas related to construction law. This is an opt-in listserv designed specifically for members of the Construction Law Section.
• Coordinate a joint conference in the fall of 2017 with the NC Bar Association Construction Law Section.
• Continue to inform Section members of significant developments related to construction law (i.e., pertinent cases, legislative updates) through the Section listserv, E-Blast and Bar website.
• Create a Section opt-in listserv to allow Section members to exchange information and ideas related to construction law.
• Continue to encourage Section members to submit articles to be published in the SC Lawyer and/or other Bar publications.
• Continue to explore ways to increase participation within the Section by providing networking opportunities, member incentives, etc.
• Explore partnering with Bar entities or various other organizations (i.e., Habitat for Humanity, Affordable Housing Coalition of SC) by participating in community service projects, coordinating education programs, etc.
• Encourage Section members to serve as mentors to law students.
• Continue to monitor and identify needs for legislative activity related to construction law issues.