AgFirst Farm Credit Bank, an agricultural lender with over $35 billion in assets is seeking a Paralegal & Assistant Corporate Secretary to handle various legal tasks under supervision of corporate attorneys. Primarily responsible for corporate governance support and process support for AgFirst Farm Credit Bank’s insurance program . The position responsibilities include obtaining, compiling and analysis of required information, drafting legal documents, coordination of review, execution, and finalization of documents with the numerous parties involved, and managing document production/ distribution, including efficiently and effectively using all available resources. Accurately setting up and maintaining complex files and records on all such transactions is required. Other duties for the position include general contract review and drafting, legal research and preparation of summary memorandums, coordinating outside counsel for various matters, and working with legal team and staff in other corporate departments on assigned projects.
- Assist with board nomination and election process including: review candidate disclosure forms to ensure clear capture of all required information; draft the annual meeting information statement; and gather and incorporate all necessary information, disclosures and candidate information;
- Support corporate secretary functions as specified in the Bank’s Bylaws
- Coordinate all Bank Board activities,
- Assist with insurance coverage issues and in making deductible and policy selections and coordinate with insurer in determining estimated premiums.
- Prepare and support attorney staff with memoranda, correspondence, contracts and files
- Paralegal certification or Associate’s Degree (Paralegal or emphasis in legal studies preferred).
- 8 years’ work experience in a law firm or equivalent required
- Experience in composing/drafting and editing correspondence and legal documentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to coordinate and interact with internal staff across bank departments and other external parties
- Ideal candidates will have at least 3-5 years of corporate governance and/or insurance experience
- Exceptional flexibility and ability to adapt to change while managing multiple assignments
- Strong knowledge and use of fundamental concepts of contracts and legal research; familiarity and experience with legal statutes and regulations as part of legal research
- Broad working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Apply online here.