South Carolina Legal Services seeks a full-time paralegal for its Charleston, Columbia, Conway, Greenville and Orangeburg offices. The position requires paralegal work of varying scope and complexity to assist with representation in the areas of housing, family law, domestic violence, public benefits, consumer law, employment, education, and community economic development. The position will require the paralegal to conduct intakes and do casework that will assist attorneys in increasing their case capacity. Participation in outreach activities is required along with other related administrative support work. The position may also require some evening and/or weekend work as well as statewide travel. A more detailed job description is available upon request.
● A degree from an accredited two or four-year college or university; or
● A certificate of completion/graduation from an accredited paralegal program
● Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
● Knowledge of legal principles, legal research methods, legal terminology, court system and legal procedures helpful
● Proficient with Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 365, and SharePoint Online
● Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
● Bilingual skills a plus, but not required
● Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Applicants interested in applying for this position may submit a resume and three references with cover letter to: South Carolina Legal Services, Attn: Human Resources –Paralegal (Specify Office Location) PO Box 1445, Columbia, SC 29202 or by fax to 803-799-9420.