Our Columbia, South Carolina office has an opportunity for an experienced Legal Practice Assistant to join our Labor and Employment practice. This position supports quality legal services to clients by performing complex and specialized legal tasks; working collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.
The Columbia office is located in the up and coming BullStreet District. When you join Ogletree, you will work alongside individuals who are among the best in the business at what they do. We attract highly skilled, dedicated professionals who enjoy working across practices and executing innovative ideas. We have a profound passion for our work and care deeply about delivering results for our clients and for each other.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Ogletree employees are passionate about philanthropy and there are plenty of ways for employees to give back through several annual campaigns organized for giving opportunities. To further enrich our work environment, we also organize extracurricular activities as well as company-sponsored social events for employees and families.
- 5+ years of solid litigation experience as a practice assistant or legal secretary, preferably in a labor and employment practice.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of federal and local rules.
- Accurate typing of at least 70 words per minute.
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of MS Office, document management, e-filing and database software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and highly accurate.
- Superior organizational skills including filing, calendaring, and proofreading.
- Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account /Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested applicants should contact Brooklyn Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.