As Legal Assistant on the Litigation team, you will be responsible for, handling the processes related to each case, filing documents on behalf of the attorney and following up with all applicable parties in a professional and timely way.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
• Request and collect all information from clients and courts
• Schedule court dates as required
• Coordinate dates for depositions and conference calls
• Correspond with clients, attorneys and courts in a timely manner
• Address questions from clients, courts, and other attorneys
• Close and submit billing for the file upon completion
• Ethics & Integrity
• Productivity & Hard Work
• Effective Communication
• Commitment to Excellence
• Knowledge & Skills
• Positive Interpersonal Relationships
• 3-5 years of experience in litigation and drafting of pleadings and discovery
• Must have basic computer proficiency, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex legal and business documents
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with others
• Ability to identify problems, establish facts, and collect data
• Strong attention to detail
• Basic math skills to insure billings are accurate
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills & Experience - These are additional skills and experience that are not required to hold this position, but may provide candidates who possess them an edge over candidates who do not.
• Creditors Rights and Financial Services
• Legal writing
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files (up to 15 lbs), open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Hutchens Law Firm is committed to equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, Federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates can apply here https://us62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/hutchens/Posting/View/849