Price Benowitz, LLP currently has an opening for a part-time criminal defense law clerk to join their criminal defense team at their South Carolina location. This is a great opportunity for a rising 2L or 3L law school student that is interested in criminal law. This position allows the candidate to obtain experience conducting extensive research and writing for a wide range of caseloads consisting of misdemeanors and felonies. We are committed to hiring candidates that are passionate about helping people, have a 'no job too-big or too-small' mentality and understand that a person's experience with the firm does not begin and end in the court room.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings.
- Researches law by studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning; preparing legal memoranda.
- Assembles case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and evidence.
- Assists with trial preparation by preparing trial briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and motions.
- Assists with maintaining files and databases.
- Assists with other essential functions of the firm.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be at least a 2L
- Completion of Evidence and Criminal Procedures is preferred
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have a proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Experience with South Carolina Criminal law is a plus.