Resurgent Capital Services is seeking a Corporate Counsel for their litigation department.
This individual will be responsible for managing a network of outside defense firms, directing activities of outside counsel; providing legal research, counsel to various business units/decision makers as assigned as well as developing, reviewing and revising legal documents as necessary.
This position requires extensive subject matter knowledge and extensive practical experience to manage and direct all litigation and resolution activities associated with complex single plaintiff and class litigation matters in all Federal and State jurisdictions.
- This person is responsible for the management of a large national portfolio of complex defense, single plaintiff and class action matters.
- Review, edit and draft contract documents as assigned; including but not limited to confidentiality, regulatory and dispute resolution agreements.
- Act as liaison, counsel and general resource to the various business units as assigned as well as providing specific expertise regarding debt collection, consumer and business bankruptcy law.
- Provide legal issues analysis, defense/resolution strategy, develop, review and revise all pleadings, motions, memos, discovery for appellate and class action matters; research and opinion memoranda as assigned.
- Analyze, review, and modify business policy and procedures as assigned to ensure compliance with FDCPA, FCRA, and all applicable Federal and State statutes, regulations, and case law precedent.
- Analyze, direct and manage all litigation and pre-litigation matters; including but not limited to settlement negotiation, employment and coordination of outside counsel, analysis and coordination of all indemnification issues.
- Review, analyze, and modify all outside counsel pleadings.
- Direct and manage all mediation and arbitration proceedings.
- Analyze litigation trends, case development and legislative developments on a national basis, formulate and implement various litigation strategies and policy/procedure modifications in order to mitigate legal risk and minimize associated costs.
- May include the management of witness support for both collection litigation and defense litigation.
- May include other specific assignments related to servicing the legal needs of the organization and/or the management and oversight needs for the Legal Department.
- 2+ years of experience as an attorney which would ideally include experience in creditor rights, consumer law, bankruptcy, litigation defense, administrative law, loan servicing or financial services law; in-house practice experience
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with senior business management
- Demonstrated problem-solving and integrative thinking skills
- Ability to work with and manage a diverse group of employees and outside professionals
- Excellent legal research and writing skills
- Expertise in complex legal negotiation, Class Action, and Appellate practice
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint or equivalent
- Experience with case management software
- Experience related to process management, particularly within the context of a corporate legal department
- Experience developing litigation and litigation trend reporting
- JD from accredited law school
- Membership in a state bar
We would be honored if you applied to join our team! We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a fantastic work environment, challenging career opportunities and competitive compensation. Interested candidates can apply online.