BCBSSC has been doing business in South Carolina for more than 70 years. In addition to being the largest insurance company in the state, we are part of the national landscape. We are one of the nation’s leading claims processors of government contracts, and we operate one of the most sophisticated data processing centers in the Southeast. We have a diverse family of subsidiary companies, with over 100 facilities and offices in 15 states and the District of Columbia, that allows us to build on our business strengths and offers a challenging and varied work environment for our lawyers in Columbia, S.C.
If you are tired of billing hours and seeking a stable organization in which you can play a key role in the growth and success of the business, then look no further.
As a member of the Legal Department, you will work with a wide variety of business areas. This important work may involve litigation management, corporate and insurance matters, large federal and state contracts, government and commercial procurements and complex technology agreements. You will provide legal counsel to management on diverse issues affecting the company and its subsidiaries. You may also handle litigation, administrative complaints, contract analysis and drafting, and research and interpret laws impacting the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide legal counsel, research, and analysis, on a broad range of legal matters impacting the organization
- Manage litigation and administrative complaints
- Compose and recommend business communications
- Negotiate complex contracts and assist with contract dispute resolution
- Serve as a key member of your assigned business area(s), contributing to the growth and success of the organization
- Collaborate and share best practices with legal team colleagues
- Provide concise, practical communications and advice in a fast-paced environment
To Qualify for This Position, You’ll Need:
- A degree from an accredited law school
- To be South Carolina Bar Certified, including a Rule 405 Limited Certificate of Admission
- Have 3+ years of experience in business litigation or corporate legal work
- Or 1-2 years judicial clerkship experience in lieu of 3 years business litigation or corporate legal work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, influence, and persuade
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with executives and upper management.
- A strong business acumen and ability to succeed in a fast-paced business environment
- Microsoft office skills
What We Can Do for You:
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match & annual enhancement
- Subsidized health plans and free vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid annual leave — the longer you work here, the more you earn
- Nine paid holidays
- On-site cafeterias and fitness centers in major locations
- Wellness programs and a healthy lifestyle premium discount
- Sports membership program
- Tuition assistance
- Service recognition
What to Expect Next:
After submitting your application, our recruiting team members will review your resume to ensure you meet the qualifications. This may include a brief telephone interview or email communication with our recruiter to verify resume specifics and salary requirements. Management will be conducting interviews with those candidates who qualify with prioritization given to those candidates who demonstrate the preferred qualifications.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Intereted candidates can apply here: https://ourhrconnect.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SCBlues/job/Columbia-South-Carolina/Corporate-Attorney_R1022730