The McKay Firm is looking to expand our civil litigation defense team. The McKay Firm, PA practice areas include medical malpractice, insurance defense, professional liability, products liability, professional licensing, workers’ compensation, and construction law. We are located in Columbia, SC.
We are looking to add an attorney with at least two years of general litigation practicing experience, civil defense litigation experience is preferred but not required.
Civil Litigation Attorney responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Conducting legal research
- Review documents for discovery and prepare discovery
- Draft pleadings and memorandum
- Manage cases from inception to completion
- Take and defend depositions
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, and other counsel
- Attend and represent clients at hearings, mediations, and trials
- Practice in both state and federal courts, in areas spanning from torts to constitutional law
- Attend conferences related to areas of practice
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of organization.
- Licensed with the state of South Carolina and in good standing, no disciplinary actions
- Strong academic record through all levels of education
The McKay Firm, P.A. benefit package includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K plan and match after 12 months of employment
- Additional voluntary benefits available through Colonial Life
- Employer paid Life Insurance of $25,000
- Employer paid Long-term Disability
- Full-time salary position with bonus potential
If interested please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please create subject line to email that states “Civil Litigation Defense Team”