The South Carolina Human Affairs Commission invites applications for the position of Attorney II-Reposting.
The South Carolina Human Affairs Commission (SCHAC) is dedicated to the goal of preventing and eliminating unlawful discrimination in employment, housing, and public accommodations.
In addition to State standard benefits, SCHAC offers flexible scheduling, telecommuting, and infants at work. . Telecommuting is not a guaranteed aspect of employment. In order to be considered for telecommuting an employee must be employed with the agency for one year and has a job satisfactory rating of successful or exceeds.
As one of our team of attorneys, you will:
- Represent the Commission before Courts, administrative and government entities, and community groups as required.
- Provide legal advice in all legal concerns of the Agency and its staff, with particular emphasis on laws administered by Agency, as well as conducting legal research.
- Review all complaints alleging discrimination and making recommendations as to the validity of the complaint.
- Review policies, procedures, contracts, etc. for proper legal form and consistency. Advise the Commissioner on policy questions and operating situations having legal implications. Provide in-house legal training as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
The South Carolina Human Affairs Commission provides affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex – including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A juris doctor degree or its equivalent from an accredited law school and at least one year of experience as a practicing attorney.
Must be a Member in Good Standing of the South Carolina Bar.
Extensive civil litigation experience, specifically in employment law. Knowledge of employment and housing discrimination laws.
Previous applicants need not reapply!
Applications still being considered.