P. Martin Law is a recently established firm that focuses on workers’ compensation defense and general civil litigation in both North and South Carolina.
We are seeking full- and part-time applicants, with pay commensurate to experience and schedule sought. For the right candidate, there may be an opportunity to integrate additional flexibility in terms of case types, hours, pay, and future benefits. Employment will be primarily in-person, in our Spartanburg office.
We seek to create an environment that is collaborative and developmental in nature—suitable for both experienced attorneys and those who may be at the beginning of their legal careers.
Skill Sets Sought: We are seeking an associate attorney with the following skills and competencies:
- South Carolina state court licensure is required.
- North Carolina licensure, or willingness to become licensed in North Carolina, is a strong plus.
- Federal court licensure is a plus but is not required.
- Applicants who have taken the bar and do not have the results yet will be considered.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and effective working relationships with others, including co-workers, clients, vendors, and community members.
- High level of critical and strategic thinking with the ability to self-start and independently manage workload. This includes the preparation of research, correspondence, pleadings, discovery, and discovery responses.
- Ability to conduct conferences, hearings, and depositions, as needed, with a desire to continuously develop mediation and negotiation skills. If inexperienced in these areas, mentoring and opportunities for hands-on practice will be provided.
- Familiarity with billable hours and/or insurance billing. Almost all files utilize the billable hour.
- As travel will likely be needed throughout the jurisdictions, the willingness and ability to travel (with advanced notice) is a requirement.
- Familiarity with workers’ compensation in North Carolina and/or South Carolina either through education, training, or practice is a plus.
Software Familiarity Desired
- Microsoft Word, Excel, One Drive, and Outlook
- Rocket Matter
- Adobe Acrobat DC
Interested candidates, please send a resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org