Hutchens Law Firm
As an Associate Attorney, you will join a team of attorneys representing mortgage lender and servicer clients throughout South Carolina in State and Federal Courts in foreclosure and defense litigation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Attend court proceedings (trials, motion hearings, depositions, arbitrations, mediations
- Draft pleading, motions, discovery, memoranda of law, and appellate briefs
- Meet and confer with clients, witnesses, and opposing counsel
- Ethics & Integrity
- Productivity & Hard Work
- Effective Communication
- Commitment to Excellence
- Knowledge & Skills
- Positive Interpersonal Relationships
- J.D from an accredited law school and active license to practice law in the state of South Carolina
- 0-3 years of Litigation experience
- Completion of S.C. Rule 403 requirements
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex legal and business documents
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others
Preferred Skills & Experience - These are additional skills and experience that are not required to hold this position, but may provide candidates who possess them an edge over candidates who do not.
- Knowledge of Real Estate and Banking matters
- 1-2 years of Bankruptcy experience
- 2-3 years of Litigation experience
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files (up to 15 lbs), open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Hutchens Law Firm is committed to equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, Federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
You can find the posting here.