The 1st Circuit Public Defender Office is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Public Defender in our Dorchester County Office.
Job Description and Qualifications:
The Assistant Public Defender will provide every aspect of legal representation to persons charged with a state crime and who, because of indigence, cannot afford to retain an attorney. Duties include trials, court hearings, bond hearings, probation matters, client and witness interviews, investigation, mitigation and defenses, case negotiation, community outreach and related job duties as assigned by a supervisor. The candidate accepted for this job will be joining a strong criminal defense team in the Dorchester County Office of the First Circuit Public Defender. The team includes experienced attorneys, an investigator and a sentencing/mitigation specialist along with the best support staff.
- be a member of the SC Bar, in good standing
- possess proficient computer skills
- possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- be able to conduct legal research and possess ability to analyze cases and legal opinions
- have a strong work ethic and be committed to the service of public defense
- be a US citizen or eligible to work in the United States
Salary and Benefits
Salary Commensurate with experience. Dorchester County benefits package available.
Send resume to Marilyn Moore at email@example.com no later than March 26, 2021.