Posted in: Public
The South Carolina Bar and libraries across the state have teamed up to host virtual legal clinics in the coming months that will allow volunteer attorneys to assist members of the public with legal questions without sacrificing safety. Legal needs don’t stop in the face of a pandemic, and this innovative solution during the public health crisis will allow volunteers to meet people where they are.
Each clinic covers a broad legal topic and time is reserved at the end of the session for participants to ask questions. With clinics going virtual, missing a Family Law clinic hosted by a library in Myrtle Beach doesn’t mean you’ve missed out on the information – you can tune into the same topic presentation made possible by a Lexington area library.
The list of clinic topics, dates, times, and registration information is below. You can also find virtual clinic information and important updates here.
Charleston County Public Library
- October 5, 5-6 p.m. – Family Law
- October 12, 5-6 p.m. – Real Estate & Foreclosure
- October 19, 5-6 p.m. – Landlord Tenant
- October 26, 5-6 p.m. – Immigration
- November 2, 5-6 p.m. – Wills, Estates & Probate
- November 9, 5-6 p.m. – Elder Law (Medicare/Medicaid, LTC, G/C
- November 16, 5-6 p.m. – End of Life Issues (HCPOA, funeral planning, etc.)
Lexington County Public Library
- September 17, 6:30-7:30 p.m. – Landlord Tenant
- October 15, 6:30-7:30 p.m. – Bankruptcy
- October 22, 6:30-7:30 p.m. – Wills, Estates and Probate
- November 5, 6:30-7:30 p.m. – Family Law
Chapin Memorial Library
Pickens County Public Library
Pickens County Public Library virtual legal clinics will be held via Facebook Live. You do not have to register, but if you would like to submit questions in advance, please submit them to Margaret Holder at MargaretH@pcls.fyi.
- September 10, 6-7 p.m. – Real Estate (Facebook Live)
- October 1, 6-7 p.m. – Family Law (Facebook Live)
- November 5, 6-7 p.m. – Expungement (Facebook Live)
To register for a Greer Relief clinic, visit Greer Relief's virtual legal clinic page or call (864) 848-5356.
- October 1, 6-7:30 p.m. – Family Law
- October 8, 6-7:30 p.m. – Landlord Tenant
- October 15, 6-7:30 p.m. – End of Life Issues
- October 22, 6-7:30 p.m. – Wills, Estate and Probate
- November 5, 6-7:30 p.m. – Bankruptcy
- November 12, 6-7:30 p.m. – Immigration