The purpose of this Section shall be to promote the goals and objectives of the South Carolina Bar in the fields of law controlling or affecting the military community. Objectives include improving liaison between and professional education of the military and civilian communities, stimulating research and development, seeking uniformity in legislation and administration, and improving the application of justice in these fields of law.
1. Increase membership and participation within the Section.
2. Conduct S.C. Law for Military Attorneys Seminar.
3. Coordinate with LAMP Program to obtain assistance.
4. Provide support to JAG on-site conferences that may be held in S.C. throughout the year.
5. Publish a reference guide or smart book as a point of contact list.
6. Establish law school outreach.
7. Outreach to members with coin recognition.
8. Assist Veterans Administration to establish a Veterans Court in S.C.
9. Coordinate with the Veterans Legal Resource Committee to establish a Guardian ad Litem program for Veterans.
S.C. State Office of Veterans' Affairs
S.C. NOVA Attorneys
Accredited VA Attorneys
(803) 799-6653, ext. 146