The Environment & Natural Resources Section Council met this date via conference call. Participating members included Sara P. Bazemore, Roger P. Hall, Joan W. Hartley, James B. Holman, IV, R. Cody Lenhardt, Jr., Randolph R. Lowell, Kelly D.H. Lowry, Elizabeth B. Partlow and Thomas M. Shelley. Representing Bar staff was Morgan Crouch.
Chairperson Lowry called the meeting to order.
The first item of business was approval of the minutes from the December 13, 2011, meeting. Ms. Partlow moved approval of the minutes. The motion was seconded, and it was approved.
The next item of business was discussion on the 2013 Bar Convention scheduled for January 24-27, at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. Mr. Lenhardt announced that the Section was to partner with the Administrative & Regulatory Law Section and the Health Care Law Section. The seminar was scheduled for Friday, January 25, from 8:30-11:45 a.m. He provided a brief overview of the agenda.
Next, Mr. Lowry reviewed the FY2011-2012 Section goals. He welcomed feedback from the Council. After discussion, the following goals for the 2012-2013 Bar year were approved:
• Conduct a Section CLE at the 2013 Bar Convention.
• Produce an electronic version of the Environment & Natural Resources membership directory.
• Provide program support to the South Carolina Administrative and Regulatory Law Association (SCAARLA) at its annual fall seminar.
• Continue to improve communications between the South Carolina Bar Environment & Natural Resources Section and the ABA Section of Environment, Energy & Resources in order to elevate the profile of the South Carolina Section within the ABA and to actively share information with the Section members on resources available through the ABA.
• Publicize and continue to improve the Section Website including useful information on Section membership, activities, legislation, frequently asked questions and links to legal resources.
• Provide an annual report to Section members to include annual highlights, legislation updates, important cases, etc.
• Coordinate efforts with the SC Bar to develop an advance sheet system for the ALC through Casemaker to make available to all Bar members.
Next was discussion on the Section annual report. Mr. Lowell was to submit a draft of the report to the Council by the end of the month for comment. The final version would be distributed through the Section listserv.
Mr. Lowry reported that discussion on the Section Membership Directory was tabled until the next Council meeting.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned.