• Conduct a Section CLE, Section meeting and reception in conjunction with the Bar Convention.
• Provide program support to the South Carolina Administrative and Regulatory Law Association (SCAARLA) at its annual fall seminar.
• Continue to improve communications between the South Carolina Bar Environment & Natural Resources Section and the ABA Section of Environment, Energy & Resources in order to elevate the profile of the South Carolina Section within the ABA and to actively share information with the Section members on resources available through the ABA.
• Publicize and continue to improve the Section Web site including useful information on Section membership, activities, legislation, frequently asked questions and links to legal resources.
• Evaluate an additional Environment & Natural Resources Section seminar.
• Work with other S.C. Bar Committees and Sections to develop an advance sheet system for the ALC.
Save the Date!
S.C. Bar Convention
January 23-26, 2014
Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Section CLE: Friday, Jan. 24, 8:30-11:45 a.m. (presented with the Health Care Law Section and Administrative & Regulatory Law Committee)
The Environment & Natural Resources Section is calling for nominations for: Secretary (July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2015) and two General Council Member seats (July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2017). Nominees must be a member of the S.C. Bar Environment & Natural Resources Section in good standing. Responsibilities include participation in Section conference calls/meetings, and assistance with Section seminars. The Council meets up to four times within the fiscal year. A brief bio and letter of recommendation should be sent to Tara Caine at email@example.com
or faxed to (803) 799-4118 no later than November 1, 2013.
(803) 799-6653, ext. 146