Law Related Education Division announces 2014 award winners
May 06, 2014
COLUMBIA, S.C. (May 6, 2014)—The S.C. Bar Law Related Education (LRE) Division has announced the winners of its 2014 LRE Awards. Congratulations to the following award recipients:
Lawyer of the Year: George W. Branstiter II
Citizen of the Year: Norman McQueen
High School Teacher of the Year: Mark Davis, Woodmont High School
Middle School Teacher of the Year: Tim Hicks, Dent Middle School
High School of the Year: Early College High School
Middle School of the Year: Dent Middle School
The 2014 High School Mock Trial Scholarship recipients are:
· Shannon Cherney, N. Myrtle Beach High School
· Holli Credit, Fort Mill High School
· John Gillespie, Strom Thurmond High School
· Lukas Gshwandtner, N. Myrtle Beach High School
· Lucas Hooks, Johnsonville High School
· Annie Hu, Lexington High School
· Caroline Latimer, Lexington High School
· Isha Shah, Lexington High School
· Erin Sweeney, Strom Thurmond High School
The We the People Scholarship recipient is Kathleen Greer Glenn of Wando High School.
For complete descriptions of awards and scholarships or for more information, visit www.scbar.org/lre.
The S.C. Bar LRE Division, which was developed to improve the ability of teachers to instruct law related education, has been part of the Bar since 1976.
The South Carolina Bar, which has a membership of more than 15,000 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.