Director of Legal Services
September 18, 2013
JHM Hotels, located in Greenville, SC, has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 35 years. The company currently owns/operates 41 hotels with over 7,000 guestrooms, and over 1,600 associates located in the United States and India operating under such well-regarded brands as Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and Starwood. The company’s mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership. We seek people who are driven by our core values, strive for service excellence and will go the extra mile to provide our guests with a memorable experience. We are interested in attracting and investing in talented individuals, who are dedicated to their career, show integrity and strive for positive results.
JHM is seeking an experienced Attorney with real-estate, corporate and contract experience to fill the position of Director of Legal Services and to provide legal and compliance advice and support to ownership.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides company management with legal services related to acquisitions, dispositions, entity formation, debt financing, franchise and management agreements, and related duties
• Provide legal advice on all hotel service contracts, maintenance agreements, leases and related documents
• Oversee risk management of general liability, auto and work comp claims
• Assist human resources department to obtain legal support on employment related matters
• Assist Design & Construction department to obtain legal support on construction related matters
• Assist hotel operations team with vendor contracts and customer service-related issues
• Supervise filing system for all legal documents
• Provide supervision for administrative staff including process improvement
This is an exceptional opportunity for an attorney who enjoys working on sophisticated matters, wants substantial field contact and is a team player.
• 3 - 8 years legal counsel experience in corporate or transactional practice
• Juris Doctor Degree
• Admission to a State Bar and eligibility to become a Member of the South Carolina Bar
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong priority management and multi-tasking skills required
• Ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner
• Drafting and negotiations skills
• Project management skills
• Verbal, written, and public speaking communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Legal research skills
• Local candidates preferred
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K, Vacation, Hotel room nights. EOE M/F/D/V
For more information, please contact Chris Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org.