S.C. Bar Young Lawyers collect formal gowns for Cinderella Project
February 15, 2012
COLUMBIA, S.C. (Feb. 6, 2012) — The S.C. Bar Young Lawyers Division (YLD) is sponsoring its annual Cinderella Project, which provides gently worn formal, bridesmaid and prom dresses for young women who lack the financial resources to buy a gown for their high school prom. The project is being held in Aiken, Columbia, Greenville, Greenwood and Orangeburg.
Clean dresses in all sizes, as well as evening bags, jewelry, shoes and other accessories, are needed. Donations are being accepted at the following locations throughout the state:
Aiken, donations accepted through March 2
- 225 Chesterfield St., NW, Aiken
- 516 West Ave., N. Augusta
Anderson, donations accepted through April 11
- Senerius & Tye, Attorneys at Law, 517 N. McDuffie St.
- Blake & Brady Boutique, 140 N. Main St.
- McAuley's Unique Boutique, 3312 N. Main St.
- The Bridal and Formal Shoppe of Pendleton, 164 Exchange St., Pendleton
Columbia, donations accepted through Feb. 24
- Junior League of Columbia Headquarters, 2926 Devine St., Columbia
- M Boutique, 2820 Devine St., Columbia
- Richardson Plowden, 1900 Barnwell St., Columbia
- Lexington Town Hall, 111 Maiden Ln., Lexington
- Greater Irmo Chamber of Commerce, 1248 Lake Murray Blvd., Irmo
- Chapin Chamber of Commerce, 302 Columbia Ave., Chapin
- W. Metro Chamber of Commerce, 1006 12th St., Cayce
Greenville, donations accepted through Feb. 27
- Collins and Lacy, 37 Villa Rd., Ste. 500
- SavVy, 1803 Augusta St.
- Smith Poe, 634 B Fairview Rd., Ste. 2
- Talbot’s, 1125 Woodruff Rd.
Greenwood, donations accepted through March 5
- Ninety Six Welcome Center, 97 Main St., Ninety Six
- Two Times Consignment Shop, 204-C Montague Ave., Greenwood
- Eighth Circuit Solicitor’s Office, 600 Monument St., Second Floor, Ste. 203
- Laurens Family YMCA, 410 Anderson Dr.
- Abbeville Sheriff’s Office, 21 Old Calhoun Falls Rd.
Orangeburg, donations accepted through Feb. 27
- Jeffries Law Firm, 1031 Middleton St.
- The Regional Medical Center Canteen, 3000 St. Matthews Rd.
- Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce, 155 Riverside Dr.
Boutiques will be held in the spring to give the girls an opportunity to “shop” for dresses at no cost. Girls from all area schools are invited to attend and must bring their school ID. For more information, visit www.scbar.org/cinderella.
The YLD includes all members of the S.C. Bar under age 36 and those with less than five years membership.
The South Carolina Bar, which has a membership of more than 14,000 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.