Legal Lessons in Spartanburg: Last day to enroll is Thurs., Sept. 29!
September 22, 2011
COLUMBIA, S.C. (Aug. 15, 2011) — The S.C. Bar Pro Bono Program is sponsoring Legal Lessons: A Series for the Public, a seven-week program on Thursday evenings beginning Oct. 6 and continuing through Nov. 17 from 6 to 9 p.m. Classes will take place at Spartanburg Community College located at Business 1-85 at New Cut Rd. in Spartanburg. The schedule is as follows:
· Oct. 6 — overview of state courts and alternative dispute resolution
· Oct. 13 — juvenile justice and overview of child protection hearings
· Oct. 20 — family law; real estate and landlord/tenant law
· Oct. 27 — wills, estates and probate; health care and elder law
· Nov. 3 — S.C. workers’ compensation and employment law
· Nov. 10 — bankruptcy law; consumer law and debt collection
· Nov. 17 — criminal law and torts
The deadline to enroll is Thursday, Sept. 29. The cost of the seven-week course is $45 and includes course materials. To register, call (864) 592-4402 or 1-877-592-4402. For all other questions, contact the S.C. Bar Pro Bono Program at (803) 799-6653, ext. 158.
The South Carolina Bar, which has a membership of more than 13,500 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.