Legal Lessons in Myrtle Beach: Deadline to enroll Tues., Sept. 13!
September 12, 2011
COLUMBIA, S.C. (Sept. 12, 2011) — The S.C. Bar Pro Bono Program is sponsoring Legal Lessons: A Series for the Public, a seven-week program on Tuesday evenings beginning Sept. 20 and continuing through Nov. 1 from 6 to 9 p.m. Classes will take place at Horry/Georgetown Technical College, Grand Strand Campus located at 743 Hemlock Dr. in Myrtle Beach. The schedule is as follows:
· Sept. 20 — overview of state courts and alternative dispute resolution
· Sept. 27 — juvenile justice and overview of child protection hearings
· Oct. 4 — family law; real estate and landlord/tenant law
· Oct. 11 — wills, estates and probate; health care and elder law
· Oct. 18 — S.C. workers’ compensation and employment law
· Oct. 25 — bankruptcy law; consumer law and debt collection
· Nov. 1 — criminal law and torts
The deadline to enroll is Tuesday, Sept. 13. The cost of the seven-week course is $45 and includes course materials. To register, call (843) 477-2020 or (843) 349-5363. For all other questions, contact the S.C. Bar Pro Bono Program at (803) 799-6653, ext. 158.
The South Carolina Bar, which has a membership of more than 13,500 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.