S.C. Bar Law Related Education Division announces 2013 award winners
May 13, 2013
COLUMBIA, S.C. (May 7, 2013) — The S.C. Bar Law Related Education (LRE) Division has announced the winners of its 2013 LRE Awards. Congratulations to the following award recipients:
Lawyer of the Year: Blair Ballard Massey
Citizen of the Year: Jennifer Olinger
Legacy Award: Jack Ebright and Yvonne Rhodes
High School Teacher of the Year: Beverly DeMayo, Fort Mill High School
Middle School Teacher of the Year: Joseph Friar, Johnston Edgefield Trenton Middle School
High School of the Year: Wilson High School
Elementary School of the Year: Lonnie B. Nelson Elementary School
The 2013 High School Mock Trial Scholarship recipients are:
· Scott DeMayo, Fort Mill High School
· Kennedy Hayes, N. Myrtle Beach High School
· Gregory James, Johnsonville High School
· Mallory Miles, Johnsonville High School
· Stephanie Pachero, N. Myrtle Beach High School
· Kaitlyn Pugh, Strom Thurmond High School
· Margaret Stegal, Bob Jones Academy
· Robert Underwood, Lexington High School
The 2013 We the People Scholarship recipient is Caitlin Brock of Carolina Forest High School.
For complete descriptions of awards and scholarships or for more information, visit www.scbar.org/lre.
The S.C. Bar LRE Division, which was developed to improve the ability of teachers to instruct law related education, has been part of the Bar since 1976.
The South Carolina Bar, which has a membership of more than 14,000 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.