Young lawyers collecting personal care items for domestic violence victims
October 03, 2011
COLUMBIA, S.C. (Sept. 30, 2011) – The S.C. Bar Young Lawyers Division (YLD) Voices Against Violence Committee is collecting personal care items for its 2011 Necessities and Paper Products Drive. Items will be donated to various domestic violence shelters throughout the state.
Volunteers are collecting and distributing personal care items Oct. 3-17 and Nov. 1-14. Items needed include paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, office paper, canned goods and other food items, powder laundry detergent, cleaning products (floor cleaner, window cleaner, etc.), deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
Items can be dropped off at any of the following collection sites:
· S.C. Attorney General’s Office, 1000 Assembly St., Rm. 519, Columbia 29201
· S.C. Bar, 950 Taylor St., 3rd Floor, Columbia 29201
· Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, 1310 Gadsden St., Columbia 29211
· Turner, Padget, Graham & Laney, PA, 1901 Main St., 17th Floor, Columbia 29201
· Lowcountry Legal Volunteers, 167-A Bluffton Rd., Bluffton 29910
· The Housing Authority of the City of Charleston, 550 Meeting St., Charleston 29403
· Coastal Law, LLC, 1314 2nd Ave., Conway 29526
· Office of Barbara Wilson Pratt, Attorney at Law, 408 Elm St., Conway 29526
· Richardson, Patrick, Westbrook & Brickman, LLC, 1037 Chuck Dawley Blvd., Bldg. A., Mount Pleasant 29464
· Coastal Law, LLC, 1104 Oak St., Myrtle Beach 29577
· Owens & Rayl, LLC, 4999 Carolina Forest Blvd. Ext., Unit 22-B, Myrtle Beach 29579
· Coastal Law, LLC, 1601 Glenns Bay Rd., Surfside Beach 29575
Tax-deductible monetary donations are also welcome. Checks may be sent directly to the shelter of your choice or made payable to the S.C. Bar YLD Foundation and mailed to S.C. Bar, Attn: YLD Foundation, P.O. Box 608, Columbia, SC 29202. For more information, contact Melissa Maddox-Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 805-3294.
The YLD Voices Against Violence program is designed to educate young lawyers about the epidemic of domestic violence, particularly among the teen population. The YLD includes all members of the S.C. Bar under age 36 and those with less than five years membership.
The South Carolina Bar, which has a membership of more than 13,500 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.