Licenses and Notifications

  • Make sure your license to practice law is current. Inactive or other special membership status does not permit you to engage in the practice of law. Upgrade the status of your license if necessary.
  • Get business phone service and Internet service 
  • Notify the Supreme Court's AIS (Attorney Information System) of your new contact information. For help logging in to AIS, contact the AIS technical support team at 1-855-235-2500. 
  • Ask that your new address and phone number be published in E-Blast newsletter. Contact Rachel Kerley at or (803) 799-6653 ext. 155. 
  • Notify your local bar association and any other professional organizations of your new address. Contact information for county Bar Presidents is listed in the Desk Book.
  • Obtain any necessary business licenses for your new office. Usually required for anyone engaged in any business, occupation or profession. Contact the county or city administrative offices where you live. Most now have webpages with all the information you need to obtain a business license. 
  • Notify the post office of your new address.
  • Notify your bank and credit cards of new information
  • Send change of address cards to all publications to which you subscribe.
  • Open accounts/change address with UPS, FedEx, Airborne, etc.

 Back to Starting a New Law Practice