We are a team of researchers and program evaluators that are dedicated and committed to providing our clients with necessary and valuable data and information to make informed decisions to improve their program and organizations. The Research and Evaluation Group provides researchers, professionals, entrepreneurs, program implementers, and other primary decisions makers with concise and accurate information that will enable them to make efficient and effective data driven decisions.
Research Associate Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Sr. Research Associates and/or Program Evaluation Manager, the legal professional should be well versed in Justice and Public Safety issues and equality. The legal professional will become familiar with the program staff, participate in all development of data collection tools, document reviews and transcription of data. The legal professional ensures the project implements sensitive protocol during the evaluation phase and has experience in the Release on Own Recognizance (ROR) program. The expert understands cultural, gender, region, and age sensitivity and has knowledge related to the Parole and Pardon services. The legal professional is responsible for working on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Position will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. In this position the legal professional expert will:
• Assists in coordinating routine activities associated with a research project to include data maintenance, grant expenditure adherence, project evaluation, meeting scheduling, and light clerical duties.
• Review case records, reports, and files
• Perform records checks on offenders
• May review literature for related research developments and techniques, compile findings and generate reports.
• May serve as project liaison to other departments, outside organizations, government agencies and product representatives
• Knowledgeable of Process Improvement Methodology, Evaluation, and Measurement Techniques
• Perform Data collection, data analysis, data loading, data queries and reporting across multiple software programs/databases. (Access, Excel, SPSS, SAS)
• Edit completed questionnaires for completeness, legibility and accuracy
• Compile data and produces reports used for analysis of research findings
• Designs forms, worksheets and study questionnaires
• Compiles data and records results of studies for publications, grants and seminar presentations
• Bachelors Degree in Public Health, Justice and Public Safety or a related social science field required; Masters Degree in Justice and Public Safety, Juris Doctor (JD) or a related field preferred.
• Five (5) + years of experience in legal field
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision with exceptional oral, written and organization skills
• Requires great attention to detail and extensive background in providing outstanding customer service
• Prior experience in a similar research organization required.
Part time/ Contractual
South Carolina or Georgia
10-15% travel is required
To apply for this position, send your resume and a cover letter that clearly discusses your experience and its applicability to the position. Send e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquires or recruiters please. Apply by June 6, 2014.
Affirmative Action/EEO/E-Verify Employer