Though LawForKids.org is an anonymous program by which young people may avail themselves of correct and factual legal information, it does follow best practices in Law Related Education. Many of these expected outcomes include:
- Students are less likely to resort to violent solutions to problems;
- Students are less likely to commit an offense, or to repeat an offense if they have had prior juvenile justice contact;
- Students who have a better understanding for the reasons of the rules;
- Students have a greater respect for the justice system and the role of law in American society;
- Students are better able to make responsible choices about personal action; and
- Students show an overall improvement in behavior.
The SC Bar LRE Division has a marketing and promotional program available for schools to promote the LawForKids.org program. Posters, mouse pads and additional materials for use in the school setting are available upon request.
- Teachers who coordinate promoting the LawForKids.org program within their school can apply for the LRE Teacher of the Year award, which comes with a $1,000 recognition.
- Schools that promote and utilize the LawForKids.org program can apply for the LRE School of the Year Award, which offers a $5,000 award to be spent at the schoolâ€™s discretion.