Community Works is valuable for many reasons. First, it teaches teens to be resources for each other and to interact positively with community members; it develops each young person's communication and problem-solving skills; it strengthens young people's awareness of their community's resources; and it encourages youth to focus on their own leadership role in the community. Teens develp a greater connection with their community, and are more likely to contribute positively to their community's environment.
- At the training, attendees will receive the Community Works materials free of charge
- The SC Bar LRE Division can provide assistance with locating community resource people statewide
- Community Works teachers are encouraged to apply for the LRE Teacher of the Year award, which comes with a $500 recognition gift.
- Community Works SRO's are encouraged to apply for the LRE Citizen of the Year award, which comes with a $500 recognition gift.
- Schools that participate can apply for LRE School of the Year, which offers a $2,500award to be spent at the school's discretion.